[ the final round – 3.10.11 ]
March 10, 2011 Comments Off on [ the final round – 3.10.11 ]
Just a short little update before I go into the questions portion! I thankfully was able to snag some really understanding teachers and a doctors appointment tomorrow morning. This is a huge stress relief on me, which in turn will be good to help me get over this bad bout with my dizziness.
On a more positive note I popped by the DePaul Music & Entertainment Career Fair today! I left my resume with Empty Bottle, Lincoln Hall/Schubas, Ford Models, Ravina Festivals, as well as this event/photography company Cage & Aquarium I’d never heard of but seemed really interesting. Both Empty Bottle and Lincoln Hall seemed really interested in me! Lincoln Hall told me I’d be one of the top candidates for summer, even though they were looking for people more immediately when they do round two in May I’d still be in the pile. The people from Empty Bottle told me to contact then in a week or so and just mention we’d met and such. I’m hoping just one of these things pans out into a good summer internship. I’d honestly prefer the one with Ford Models but they had interns doing the fair so I didn’t really know how to make a good impression since it’s not like they’re doing anything but turning the resumes over to the bosses. I really feel like regardless, I will at least get offered one internship for the summer which is all I need
My Nana sent me some money for Valentine’s Day which was completely unexpected so I used it to do a little splurging on some stuff for spring! My first two purchases were a Le Mer watch (on sale for $35!) that I’ve wanted forever and finally went on sale and this gorgeous ring from Akira. I’m going to save the rest of what is left to shop in Florida since the tax is 4% less there, not much of a savings but enough to matter! It’s really ridiculous how much 4% can add up over time. I mean 4% of my monthly budget is more than I budget for a day!
I have a few staples on my list. I need to get at least another two skirts and 3 blouses for internships appropriate wear, but I want them to be very spring so I’m hoping to find a pleasant medium between the two; which with all of the soft billowy clothes that are in for spring I’m confident I’ll be able to pull off! I need to get a new pair of flat sandals as well as my sneakers and summer sandals both died last August and are in need of replacing now. Hopefully I can do this with the little bit of a budget I have left. I’ll have a bit more extra money too from being in Florida and mooching off of my parents for 6 days but that’s mostly going towards paying school stuff I put on my credit card off. I can’t believe school is already over for the quarter! I only have one final left and a paper left despite the fact that next week is technically finals week. And really it’s only half a final as the oral portion of my French final was done today (and I passed!!!).
That went on much longer than intended! Now on to the questions… There were a few more but they were repetitive so I left them out.
ASKED BY: talkingstove
- What is your daily beauty routine? It sort of varies! I always use Dream Matte Mousse as my foundation and always use two layers of mascara for optimal lashes (Lash Blast by Cover Girl and Professional Super Thick Lash, also by Cover Girl). On some days I also wear Prestige eyeliner but since they no longer make mine I suppose that will end soon 😦 On days of particularly bad skin or when my foundation needs matteing out I also add a bit of Maybelline mineral powder over my foundation. My skin care routine normally revolves around zero make-up worn at home and nightly removal using Neutrogena pads. I try and do a face mask 2-3 times a week (normally either BB Seaweed or Love Lettuce). I’ve recently gotten into using toner (made from a steaming face fizzy thing from Lush) and am going to start using moisturizer as well because I’ve noticed my skin has been quite dry lately.
- What is the best advice you have been told? I don’t really know that I’ve ever been given ‘best advice’. The most recently really good advice I received was from a visitor to SPACE who was speaking to the interns. He works at A-Squared Management and told us that it’s better to spend 2 years looking for a job that you’re passionate about than to take some crap job you don’t believe in and might very well get stuck in.
- What song represents where you are in life right now? Such a hard question! I’d say it’s got to be between Louder Than Ever by Cold War Kids and even though I’m single the lyrics to Cold Desert by Kings of Leon will always stick with me.
ASKED BY: zarahlee
- talk about your insane luv for me…: BUT I REALLY DO LOVE.
- or maybe your study abroad prospects would be more appropriate: I’m suppose to find out by the 15th! But in the interview they said they might push back the date a little because they pushed back the application deadlines because of some technical issues. I did a lot of research on Harrow and stuff and I’m getting more and more excited about going! I may or may not have also looked into Westminter’s Photojournalism MA program…
ASKED BY: foodvacuum
- Why the streets are hope-killin’? Because they hungray.
ASKED BY: anonymous
- How is your sex life? I admire your spunk anon. But there is no Topless Tuesday on this blog, or will there be discussion of things I do with any of my other lady bits.
ASKED BY: anathema
- What do you think of Depaul? I’m a prospective student and I could always use personal opinions. I love it! It’s especially good if you’re looking to double major or major and double minor or anything like that. I’ve only had one teacher I would consider bad and the other ones that I wouldn’t recommend were all tenure track typical stuck up pricks… which you’ll run into at ANY school. My only complaint is the small amount of space and money they give the art department. It’s really pathetic compared especially to how much the give CDM and Communications.
- What are your favorite places to shop in the city? Any secret spots? I don’t really have any secret spots… I love Akira and Buffalo Exchange and Crossroad Tradings are great for second hand stuff. There’s a few ace little stores in Wicker Park and Lincoln Park but it’s more about finding things that interest you! I suggest really just exploring and finding places for yourself 🙂